As the pandemic took hold, it was obvious our great Country was ill-prepared and at the top of the issues was a lack of PPE for health workers. Special rules were drawn up, it is a national crisis, and procurement got underway. A report from the National Audit Office now highlights that, within the rules, a special ‘lane’ was created.
This meant that any company (with direct connections to a Tory politician), their bids would automatically be considered and were 10 times more likely to win the contract. This amounted to over 10.5 billion out of an initial £18 billion worth of contracts. Make no mistake these are Tory donors and friends, this is how our Government acted during out national crises!
some contracts for their Cronies
- Topham Guerin –£3m contract
- Michael Saiger– £200 million awarded
- Gabriel Gonzalez Andersson –given £21 million
- Randox Laboratories – £130 Million
- Ayanda Capital– at least £150 mill of £252mill wasted on wrong masks
- Serco + Sitel –£108Mill +£83 mill failed in there contact tracing service
- Taeg Energy-a firm that hadn’t traded since 2016 handed £43 mill in contracts for NHS hand sanitiser.
The Tory party cannot be trusted, their very fabric and moral compass is based on greed and cronyisn(old school tie brigade) and therefore everything they do must be publicly scrutinised and transparency should be top of the agenda.